5 Products Amanda Can’t Live Without!
I worked in the beauty and hair industry alongside Jean Claude Simille for eight years prior to purchasing the salons from him in 2018. I thought I knew it all during those eight years but over the past two years, I have quickly come to realize that you NEVER know everything there is to know about this industry because it is constantly evolving. I may be getting older but thanks to some of the top names in the beauty industry, my hair and skin seem to be getting younger. It has become top priority that I find the best products for myself and all of our clients. So, let me share the five that I absolutely cannot live without!
5. Kerastase Extentioniste Shampoo & Conditioner: Yes! I know! This is technically two products but that would be like having salt and no pepper at the dinner table. They are a pair and a game changing pair at that. I have always been super proud of my long thick hair; and then I decided to dye it blonde. While we love our blondes at Jean Paul, we are extremely careful about preserving the integrity of our bleached besties duds and my 26-year-old self was not so mindful. It left me with a breakage and baby hairs and no choice but to give into the big chop! I loved my bob but quickly longed for well, my long hair. Extentioniste targets hair from root to tip to keep it fortified while repairing split ends and breakage. This is a staple in my shower!
4. Oribe Maximista: If you have tried Oribe products, you know that you can’t go wrong with any of them, but this is one that I make sure to never run out of. I even make sure to have multiples of the travel sizes so that I’m always prepared for a spur of the moment trip! We all know that bigger isn’t always better. Wait, that’s wrong, bigger is ALWAYS better and Maximista most certainly lives by its name. If you are looking to create lasting life, with a medium hold while building exaggerating volume and thickness – this is the product for you.
3. Oribe Supershine: Can’t get much better then when you put together the words Super and Shine when referring to your hair. Be sure you fall in the category of medium to long and thick hair if you are going to be using this product (but don’t fret, there is a light version for you finer gals too) because it does have the ability to weigh you down. It’s a perfect mix between a leave-in conditioner and frizz eliminator. I comb it through wet before a blow dry and tame the fly-aways of my finish. Not into the heat? It’s a great alternative to Bumble and Bumble’s old favorite – Don’t Blow It.
2. Image Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30: I am as guilty as it gets when it comes to sun damage and not properly using SPF. Unfortunately, I am spending my adult years trying to reverse the damage that I did in my teenage years. You know what I’m talking about! The days where you thought coconut oil was an appropriate suntan lotion? Nowadays you won’t catch me leaving my bedroom without making sure I am covered in SPF and Image Tinted Moisturizer is the perfect first layer before my makeup – if I even decide to wear makeup with it!
1. Image Iluma Collection: Again, not exactly keeping it to one product but I just can’t resist. The Image Iluma Collection has changed my skin and made me feel as if I am aging in reverse. All of that sun damage that I mentioned above, well, it left me with dark pigments, freckles, and sunspots. One month of using Iluma and I saw a drastic difference – and so did the people around me. Clients and fellow employees asked if I was getting more sleep, if I had recently gotten a facial, and even if I changed my makeup. The fact is, I was barely wearing any makeup. I start out with the cleanser, move to the eye cream, serum, and of course the moisturizer. On days that my skin needs a little extra love, I make sure to mix in some of the exfoliator with my moisturizer. All of the products are so effective yet gentle that I no longer dread my nightly routine – I can’t wait to start it!
Evolve With JP
Error: API requests are being delayed. New posts will not be retrieved for at least 5 minutes.