6 Different Types of Manicures
With so many different types of manicures on the market, how can you know which one is right for you? At Jean Paul Spa and Salons, we offer a variety of manicure services to ensure that your nails are pampered. Here’s what you need to know about the different types of manicures that we have available.
6 Different Types of Manicures
- Standard: A basic manicure using regular nail polish. The process typically involves trimming your cuticles and shaping your nails. We will first apply a clear base coat, then the colored nail polish, then finish it off with a glossy topcoat to seal in the color and make your nails pop.
- Gel: A gel manicure involves using a special type of colored gel that must be cured under a UV light. The curing process makes these manicures resistant to chipping, meaning they last much longer than traditional polish. You can expect your gel manicure to last for about two weeks.
- Shellac: Shellac is a cross between gel and nail polish. A shellac manicure will still last about two weeks, but it’s slightly easier to remove than gel on its own.
- Acrylic: Acrylic nails involve the use of a special powder that your nail technician will mix with a liquid to form a putty that can be molded and shaped over your nails. If you would like your nail length extended, we can first attach nail tips before shaping the acrylic.
- ANC: ANC stands for Amazing Nail Concepts, which is a brand of dipping powder. We will apply a clear base coat to your nails, then coat them in a pigmented, colored powder. Once the nail is topped with a clear sealant, the color will form a thin, hard shell that can last up to three or four weeks.
- French: A French manicure involves painting the tips of your nails white, enhancing their natural appearance. The base of the nail is kept simple, either with a clear polish or a pale, usually sheer polish that’s similar to the color of your natural nail.
Other Manicure Services
In addition to offering different types of manicures, we provide other manicure services, as well! Here are just a few of the services you can opt for:
- Paraffin Wax: This warm wax is used to soften the skin of your hands. We heat the wax to a soothing temperature and then dip your hands in it before wrapping them up to let the wax work its magic. As the wax cools, it solidifies around your hands while sealing moisture into your skin. The heat can also help relax the muscles in your hands.
- Polish Change: This is a very basic type of manicure that simply involves taking off old nail polish and applying a new color. This type of manicure does not involve any shaping or cuticle work.
- Nail Tips: If your nails are shorter than you’d like, we can add plastic tips that can be trimmed and shaped depending on your preference. The tips are thin, and once they’re coated with gel or polish, they will blend seamlessly in with your natural nails.
If you’re interested in different types of manicures in Albany and Latham, NY, we’re here to help. Contact Jean Paul Spa and Salons to make a manicure appointment today.
Evolve With JP
Error: API requests are being delayed. New posts will not be retrieved for at least 5 minutes.